Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Sleepless Stream of Conciousness

      Lately I've been feeling distant from God. For no other reason than I've felt like I wasn't worthy of asking God for stuff and about stuff. A season I think all Christians go through.

      For the past 3 weeks (or so), it's been difficult to see how I could mend this relationship with Him. In those 3 weeks, I forgot one thing that is essential for a strong relationship with God. Loving all, including me.

      I've spent the past 3 weeks treating me and my body like crap. And I couldn't hear God in all of it, so I assumed He wasn't there. But, obviously, He was.

      And recently, I discovered that He was not only here, but actively waiting for me to come back.



      Did your parents or guardians ever tell you to call when you're on your way home from, say, a friend's house or something? And you forget to and you arrive at home and your heart drops when you realize mom and dad have been waiting all this time for you to come back home? And they're slightly disappointed, but mostly relieved you're okay and, at the end of the day, love you even deeper than before?

Yeah.

      That's the crazy thing about God's love. He is always there. And He doesn't get angry with you for being lost or having that distance. He simply leaves the light on for you for when you're on your way back home. Sitting on the front porch, waiting to see those headlights at the end of the street signifying your great return. God doesn't seek revenge or ignores you. He embraces you and welcomes you back. And in that, you find a deeper love for you and Him and the relationship grows deeper.

      That's the really cool thing about God. When they say "unconditional love," they, like, really mean it. And that's pretty cool. That we can have those moments of totally darkness and feeling so lost, only to be followed by the most beautiful clarity. Deepest valleys followed by the highest peaks.

      I feel loved and blessed to know a God like that.

Woo!
Mary Taylor




No comments:

Post a Comment