Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Free Write on God

      And, without further ado, a free write about God.

      Lately, I've been kind of in a curious state with God.

      I've been curious lately why we as individuals matter. I mean, especially me: a privileged white girl. How can I possibly change the world or even be a blip on God's radar.

      Then my friend Kelsey (I call her Bo) was talking to me about some serious issues with people in the entertainment industry. How socially unjust it can all really be. It got to the point where she couldn't really discuss much of anything to do with film or TV, otherwise she would just combust with sadness and anger toward the industry. #OscarssoWhite


      Then it hit me.

      This is why God needs us.

      think of the thing that just really sets you off in a rage. It could be people not thinking women are funny (lolz), it could be the way some people treat servers, it could even be those silly street-side preachers vowing that everyone who passes is going to Hell.

      Now, think about what you've done, or what you could do to change that. And, like, if all of us did that. I mean, the change in the world would be amazing.


      But also, maybe God put us here and cares so much for us because for all of the bad in the world, the moments (big or small) of good or great or amazing, totally surpass the bad. And the good only continues to grow.

      What if we deserve the happiness and thrill that comes to us? And what if every time we felt happy, we were supposed to go make someone else happy. I mean, talk about a happy world.


I don't know. I'm a little rusty. I'll get back in the swing of it.


This has been a Free Write on God.


Woo!
Mary Taylor



1 comment: